I found a website that has a lot of great information on Interstitial Cystitis (IC). This company has developed natural & nutritional products to help people with IC. Unfortunately, traditional medicine has not been able to effectively treat this bladder disease.
The name of the company is NAN or Natural Approach Nutrition. NAN was founded with the intention of finding a cure and or homeostasis for IC. In 2015, Brad Weidman, founder of NAN, was misdiagnosis that led to multiple surgeries that only made his IC symptoms worse. With years of researching , testing and consulting with top researchers and PhD Urologists, Brad Weidman created the NAN Interstitial Cystitis Product Line.
I am very excited about trying one of their products. I ordered the PEAORA Poly 500 dietary supplement!
Below is a list of possible causes or etiologies for IC.
- a damaged bladder GAG layer
- damaged nerves in the pelvic area
- abnormal nerve growth factors
- dysfunctional central nervous system
- fastidious infections including fungal and biofilm infections
- other bladder wall and urinary sphincter injury/damage
- spinal cord injury
- pelvic adhesions
- scar tissue and or thinning of the bladder wall
- chemical and or metal infestation
- auto-immune diseases
- chemotherapy injury
- dysfunctional parasympathetic nervous system
- hormone imbalance
- pelvic floor dysfunction
- dysfunctional nervous system with cross-talk
- hyper-active nerves
- vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- a low body nitric oxide
- oxalate intake
- genetic disorders
- allergies | histamine and mast cell proliferation
[source: Natural Approach Nutrition link]
I am so hopeful that this company has the answers I have been searching for since I was diagnosed in 1995. If anyone has tried any of the NAN products, please let me know!
I will keep you updated.