I found testimonials of people with Interstitial Cystitis (IC) who tried Red Reishi Mushroom capsules or powder. There are positive reviews as well as negative reviews. See the list of testimonials below. I had never heard of this product.
According to WebMD, Reishi mushroom is a fungus that some people describe as “tough” and “woody” with a bitter taste. The fruiting body (above-ground part) and mycelium (filaments connecting a group of mushrooms) are used as medicine. Reishi mushroom is used for boosting the immune system. Reishi mushroom extract is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth appropriately for up to one year. Reishi mushroom is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth in a powdered form for more than one month. Use of powdered reishi mushroom has been associated with toxic effects on the liver [WebMD]. Remember, before trying any supplement or natural product, check with your doctor first.
I do want to mention that I have no connection to this product or the makers of this product. I just found information on this product when I was searching the internet.
I think I am going to order this product, and I will let you know if any of my IC symptoms get better. And if I find any product, drug, procedure, technique, etc. that does help with IC, I want my blog readers & followers to know! I am always searching for something that might bring relief. If you have tried this product (or any other product), please comment and share your experience.
Take a look at the testimonials below:
- “I had the extreme pain of interstitial cystitis (IC), and had a bladder distension which helped for a few months, then the full force of the pain began again. I bought reishi mushroom tablets, made in France, to reduce my blood pressure. They not only did that but took away the pain of IC. Wow. I couldn’t believe it. The pain still hangs around a bit when I lie down at night but not often and not severely. The frequency of urination however has not been helped but I can put up with that without the pain…. I am so thankful for the reishi mushroom tablets. The pain was so extreme that it was hard to live with.” [emedicinehealth.com]
- “I am doing so much better now. I had a bad flair which made everything else flair too bladder, fibro, you name it, lol… I did sit baths, self cath, tens unit, and heating pad. I was also thrilled that my organic pills [Red Reishi Mushroom pills] came in just a few days ago. After taking the first dose by the next day I felt awesome. I even did Zumba yesterday! I pray for all of you who are having pain or going through a flair it sucks!” [Dailystrength.org]
- “It [Red Reishi Mushroom pills] is an organic pill made from a mushroom. They just approved it in the US like four yrs ago. I have researched it and love all of the positive reviews…. I took them [the pills] and couldn’t believe the difference. I thought at first maybe it is in my head lol but I ran out and began to have pain and symptoms within three days. I reordered them and noticed a difference after the first day of taking them. I started out taking 9 per day with the first bottle then went to 6. Now I take up to three a day, I am on my fourth bottle. The mushroom is called Reishi or Ganoderma…. You can also do a search for Ganoderma and Reishi.” [Dailystrength.org]
- “After drinking the Red Reishi powder yesterday morning and this morning I am feeling much better. This feeling of well-being makes it worth the yucky taste in getting it down. Next time I think I will go with tablets instead of the powder, Lol. The Red Reishi mushroom is originally from China. Ancient Chinese drawings include the Red Reishi mushroom often with many depictions of the powerful quality of it. It has been used for centuries to heal.” [Peacewithendo.com]
“I am a 62 year old female. My IC was really bad at first, but not as severe as many others I read here. I did a few things to turn it around….I took Reishi (mushroom), 1 capsule 2x/day. I had taken Reishi 1x/day for about 4 years now for allergies, but it also ramped up my immune system. When my IC wasn’t getting any better I decided to double up to see if it would help. It was an immediate change – I turned the corner. It still took time but I finally was able to quit Elmiron – gradually over a few weeks now.” [Reddit.com]
- “My experience with Reishi mushrooms wasn’t a good one…unfortunately. Now, I must just stress a few things that could have worked against me in my “Reishi mushroom experiment”: (1) I may have taken too much too soon; (2) I have been making a heap of big changes in my life at the moment. Back to my experience…I started taking the Reishi mushroom about a month ago…. Over the first two weeks I did notice that my digestion seemed to be a little haywire but landed up blaming that on other things.… pain started to appear, but with quite a large shouting voice. I thought it might just be the Interstitial Cystitis flaring up…. I had taken a full teaspoon of Reishi with a smoothie in the morning and had drunk the whole thing just before heading off on the road. Well, the pain got worse and worse as we were driving and I even got to a point of considering taking a painkiller…I started to panic, I started to freak out… I didn’t have any Reishi that day and to be honest I was a little scared to try it again. I do think I might have had too much and perhaps it didn’t agree with me. I don’t know why it was so painful or what was going on…” [Endoempowered.com]
I am going to order this product and give you a review. Again, if you have tried Red Reishi Mushrooms, please share your experience.